Pennsylvania State Weekend at the National Fire Academy
The 38th Annual Pennsylvania State Weekend at the National Fire Academy is scheduled for July 20-21, 2019.
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED!
Applications and checks must be received by the State Fire Academy by June 11, 2019.
Applicants must be 18 years of age and should have three years of experience in emergency services.
See the documents below for registration information, application forms, and registered attendee information:
About the 2019 State Weekend Program
This Annual Weekend Program, offered exclusively for the emergency services personnel of Pennsylvania, is a joint venture of the National Fire Academy (NFA) Field Programs Division and the Pennsylvania State Fire Academy.
The NFA hosts the state weekend in Emmitsburg, Maryland and provides the instructors and course materials. The PA State Fire Academy selects the courses and recruits and registers the participants according to established student selection criteria.
2019 Program Courses
- The instructional program will consist of nine different courses:
- Best Practices in Community Risk Reduction (CRR) (W0635)
- Decision Making for Initial Company Operations (DMCO) (W0457)
- Executive Skills Series: Exercising Leadership Ethically (ESS:ELE) (W0523)
- Fire Investigation: First Responders (FIFR) (W0379)
- Incident Command System for Highrise Operations (ICHO) (W0321)
- Incident Safety Officer (ISO) (W0729)
- Leadership in Supervision: Creating Environments for Professional Growth (LSPG) (W0646)
- New Fire Chief: Administrative Issues (NFCAI) (W0761)
- Training Operations in Small Departments (TOSM) (W0290)
Contact the Pennsylvania State Fire Academy via email or phone (717-247-3747) with any questions about the 2019 National Fire Academy weekend or the application process.