Health and Wellness
These resources provide information related to health and wellness for Pennsylvania fire service members and their families.
- Healthcare Providers Guide to Firefighter Physicals (PDF): This document provides healthcare providers with an overview of the unique occupational health risk of the job so they can better provide evaluation, treatment, and ongoing surveillance of the health and wellness of firefighters.
- Lavender Report: This report contains information and recommended steps on how to lessen occupational cancer.
- PA Dept. of Health First Responder Addiction and Connection to Treatment training program: PA Department of Health provides information on a training program for First Responders, Public Safety Professional and their agencies to ensure they have the tools to respond to the opioid epidemic. Those tools include addressing First Responder Safety and Burnout due to stress and challenging work environment.
- PA Dept. of Health First Responder Mental Health Toolkit: PA Department of Health provides a conduit to state and national resources that first responders can contact in the event of a mental health crisis. It also provides information and links to state, federal and commercially available training programs, tool kits for program development and other resources related to stress, mental and behavioral health.
First Responders - Prevent Suicide PA:
This organization provides a number to call when in crisis, along with information, training and resources for first responders to help prevent suicide.
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation - "Taking Care of Our Own" program: Many organizations are not prepared to deal with a line of duty death. This program provides information and resources including the importance of maintaining current personnel information as part of the pre-incident plan should this day occur. There are other resources are available at this link.
Note: These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or the Office of the State Fire Commissioner of any of the products, services, or information contained therein.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Office of the State Fire Commissioner bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality, or content of the external sites or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.