Public Fire and Life Safety Educator II
The Fire and Life Safety Educator II program is the next step in the expanding responsibilities for public fire safety education. This program focuses on emergency services personnel who have demonstrated competencies at the Fire and Life Safety Educator I level and conforms to NFPA 1035 Standard for Professional Qualifications for Public Fire and Life Safety Educator which identifies the minimum requirements for Level II certification.
To certify at this level, a person will demonstrate competencies in:
- Planning and implementing program budgets
- Developing public policy recommendations
- Evaluating staff performance in public fire safety education
- Identifying fire and life safety priorities for the community served
- Facilitating partnerships and collaborating with external organizations
- Designing and implementing public fire and life safety education programs
- Revising public fire and life safety programs
- Designing and implementing instruments and strategies and tools to determine public fire and life safety education program and content effectiveness
PLEASE NOTE: All certification applications must be typed using the PDF fillable document.