OSFC > Fire Safety > Prevention and Education Programs
- Draw a floor plan with two escape paths and have everyone study it.
- Practice with the whole family.
- Have a meeting place – outside.
- Sleep with your door closed.
- Keep calm. When in doubt, don’t panic.
- If you smell smoke, arouse the family with an emergency signal.
- Close doors against heat and smoke.
- Test closed doors for heat with the back of your hand. If hot, use the emergency exit.
- If you are in smoke, get low to the floor to breathe better.
- Never re-enter a burning building!
- Assemble at a predetermined meeting place outside and notify the fire department.