Home Rooms Safety
Basements, Garage, Storage
- Keep areas clear of newspapers, rubbish, and other combustible materials.
- Store oily, greasy rags in labeled, sealed non-glass containers.
- Keep flammable liquids away from pilot lights, power tools, workbench, furnaces, and vehicles.
- Store gasoline outside the home in safety cans.
- Use proper sized fuses/breakers. Make sure circuits are not overloaded.
- Limited extension cord use.
Living Room, Family Room, Den, Bedrooms
- Keep matches/lighters beyond the reach of young children.
- Use large, deep ashtrays, emptied often.
- Maintain air space around TV/stereo so they won’t overheat.
- Keep furniture, curtains, paper away from space heater, wood stove, and fireplace.
- Keep fireplace screened, cleaned.
- Use safe lighting, no candles.