Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Grants
The Fire Company, Emergency Medical Service Grant Program (FCEMSGP) provides grants for volunteer and career fire, emergency medical services and rescue companies.
The Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Grant Program makes an annual grant program available for volunteer and career fire companies, emergency medical services and rescue squads. The program provides grant eligibility information and makes an on-line grant application available for all eligible applicants. Based on applicant and project criteria, staff reviews and approves or disapproves all applications, processes signed grant agreements and authorizes dispersal of grant funds. Final grant reports are reviewed for compliance with project description and program guidelines.
The following organizations may be considered eligible for grant funding:
All Fire Companies
Emergency Medical Services
Volunteer Rescue Squads
Eligible organizations may apply for grant funding for a combination of up to two projects in the following categories:
- Facilities - Construction and/or renovation of the fire company's or ambulance service’s facility and purchase or repair of fixtures and furnishings necessary to maintain or improve the capability of the company to provide fire, ambulance and rescue services.
- Equipment - Purchase or repair of firefighting, ambulance or rescue equipment. Includes the purchase of fuel for company vehicles.
- Debt reduction - Debt reduction associated with the facility (1) or equipment (2) categories above.
- Training - Training and certification of members.
- Training and education materials regarding fire prevention for the general public.
- Career Departments Only - Overtime costs associated with backfilling positions while fire fighters are attending training.
The Grant Application is available online in September of each year the week following Labor Day.